What you should say NO to in the morning to have a more productive day.
I think the major problem you and I have in the morning is because of this:
The scrolling may be fun for a few minutes, happy to get updated with daily news. But when the scrolling goes on for some more minutes, and some more minutes, at last, you are out of time. And if you are honest to yourself: Do you feel better after checking social media? Like what does it give you back in exchange for your precious time?
This also kills your health. When you have more digital light right after you wake up, you are forgetting that you are straining your eyes, which is also affecting your brain and body. Finally, you will develop headaches, eye pain, and depression right after you woke up. This is not healthy at all for your growth.
“Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” — William Arthur Ward
- Definitely NO to mobile or electronic gadgets during the first hour of the day.
- Definitely NO to arguments or criticisms with your family or partner. Start your day with positive energy only.
- A big NO to plastic Junk food or packaged food like chocolates, chips as breakfast in the morning.
- NO to your snooze button on your alarm. Just wake up!
- NO to bed coffee or any other drink other than water.
- Say NO to long hot showers. Due to the hot air, you will get sleepy again which is counterproductive.
- NO to SEX in the morning. I know it’s forward and blunt but it’s true. Try suppressing your horny nature in the mornings because the day will be 10x more productive if you do not have sex in the morning.
“You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” — John C. Maxwell
Simple tricks to avoid most of the NO’s
- Put your phone on the other side of your room before going to bed. This will make you have to stand up in the morning when the alarm goes off. Once you are standing you don't fall back to sleep so easily.
- Making your bed, tucking the bedsheet, arranging your pillows and folding your blankets should be your first priority in the morning. When you see clutter all around you, it negatively affects your mind. Having a clean and tidy room will subconsciously make you feel at peace. Besides, it’s ready for crashing into it, at the end of the day. Imagine coming home to a clean bed!
Everybody has its own issues with waking up and doing things he or she knows aren't healthy. The first way to change it is to realize the bad habit and then find a practical solution to stop it. Good luck!